review http://baueradventure.blogspot.com on alexa.comTop 100 Blogs and Websites

Review this blog on Bloggers.com

4 Waste-Free Lunches To Go: Green Eating!!

4 lunches

Idea from EatingWell in Healthy Eating

You all might stone me when I say this, but sometimes I make my husband’s lunch. I know, I know, it’s so very June Cleaver, but hear me out. If I didn’t make him lunch he would most definitely resort to a slice of greasy pizza or a fast-food value meal. Instead, I sometimes would make him Pizza Roll-Up Bento Lunch. It’s healthier than grabbing a couple slices of pizza, costs far less than take-out and I like to make it in reusable containers, following these 5 principles of Japanese-style bento boxes. The containers cut down on waste, keeps us from spending on bags and allows me to perfectly portion servings sizes.

Pizza Roll-Up Bento Lunch: This easy pizza-inspired roll-up is a kid-pleaser. Make crunchy vegetables more appealing by selecting colorful varieties like orange and purple cauliflower—and don’t forget the dip! Keep ’em smiling with watermelon cut into fun shapes with cookie cutters.

Salmon Salad Bento Lunch: Watercress acts as a tasty divider between the salmon salad and crackers. Multicolored peppers and grapes add color to this bento and boost your daily servings of fruits and veggies.

Soy-Lime Tofu & Rice Bento Lunch: Tofu, rice and vegetables are classic bento ingredients. Make extra rice for dinner and roll leftovers into balls for lunch. To keep green veggies vibrant and crisp, cook them briefly and immediately dunk them into a bowl of ice water. You can also use cubed store-bought baked tofu in place of the roasted tofu.

Egg Salad Bento Lunch: This egg salad bento box is a hearty lunch and snack all in one. Spoon the egg salad into a lettuce “bowl” to keep it looking pretty and enjoy with cocktail bread and veggies. Toss banana and blueberries with yogurt to keep the bananas from turning brown. Save the chocolate chips and pistachios for an afternoon pick-me-up.

[Blogger+URL+signature.png]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leelou Blogs